How about ripping into one of these flatbreads. The taste and chewiness are outstanding and tastes of summer
500g Bread Flour.
320 ml Natural Yoghurt.
1 Sachet Yeast.
1 tsp Salt.
1 Glug Olive Oil.
Couple of sprigs Rosemary.
1 Jar Sun Dried Tomatos.
- Place Flour , Yoghurt, yeast and Salt in mixing bowl ensuring the salt and yeast are on opposite sides of the bowl
- Mix in the Yoghurt and olive oil and mix with your fingers until all ingredients are combined into a rough dough ball.
- Throw some olive oil onto a work surface and spread it about liberally and tip the dough ball onto it and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, this will take around 10-20 minutes.
- Put the dough ball into an oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel or Clingfilm to prove, and double in size, this will take around an hour – hour and half.
- This time flour a work surface and tip the dough ball onto it and knock the air out of it
- Divide and shape the dough ball into four pieces and flatten out each piece with your finger tips until its about the thickness of 2 pound coins.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over and press some chopped up sun dried tomatoes into the dough and press a sprig of rosemary in aswell.
- Put into an oven preheated to full and place the baking tray with the bread on it in the oven along with an old tin with some hot water in it, and turn the oven immediately down to 180 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until golden