When the weather is typical British weather, there is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of steaming mushroom soup with a nice tear and share bread,
800g Button Mushrooms.
4 Sticks Celery.
1 Knob of Butter.
1 Bunch Parsley.
1 Handfull Dried Mixed Mushrooms.
- Roughly chop the button mushrooms, celery and onion and sweat in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Poor in the Stock and add the dried mushrooms.
- Season and simmer for 30-40 minutes check your seasoning and Blitz with a food processor or stick blender to the consistency you desire.
- Season again and add chopped parsley.
- Serve with cream an double cream.
- As an alternative you can poor the soup through a muslin cloth to give a clear type soup without losing flavour.